Spray Foam Insulation in Greenville
When you work with Greenville’s certified spray foam insulation experts you are getting exceptional client care, quality services and guaranteed results. Smith Insulation makes it a priority to show up on time, equipped with the most advanced tools and machinery available on the market. Why? Because we want to provide you with the best services in the county and great client care is one of our main goals. When it comes to spray foam insulation, we’re the team for you!
We Add Value to Older Properties
Did you know that by hiring Smith Insulation, you’ll be preventing future damages or complications from occurring on your Greenville property? That’s right, using a professional company for your remodelling needs is a smart move on your part, because experienced workers such as ourselves are able to detect heat leaks and drafts before they become major issues.
In some cases, older properties may need to be completely retrofitted with new technology in order to prevent mildew, electrical, wiring and other insulation issues. A lot of people do not realize that the proper insulation will provide long term savings on energy and money because it reduces the overall costs of energy bills. The added bonus is that it will also add market value!
Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation
As well as being extremely efficient, spray foam is also an incredibly cost-effective insulation method that could end up saving you thousands of dollars in the long-term. However, on top of these obvious benefits, spray foam insulation also offers homeowners in Greenville a range of other benefits that should not be underestimated—benefits that can enhance the look and feel of your home, while also adding real and lasting monetary value to your home. The reality is that spray foam outperforms almost all other types of insulation and with Smith Insulation in charge of things, you can rest assured that you are receiving the best work that Greenville has to offer.
With that in mind, here are seven benefits to spray foam insulation that will not only ensure your home retains all its heat but also guarantees that you’re not wasting money unnecessarily.
- Powerful: The expansive nature of spray foam means that it is a far more effective type of insulation compared to other traditional types of insulation. The unique characteristics that this type of insulation possesses means that it can insulate even the most isolated nooks and crannies that otherwise would be left exposed. On top of that, spray foam has a resistance value of R-6, meaning it has the highest air-tight seal ranking on the market.
- Energy Savings: The powerful and encompassing nature of the spray foam insulation service that we at Smith Insulation offer means that families and businesses across Greenville have been able to save significant amounts of money on their energy expenses. On average, spray foam insulation has been shown to provide energy savings of about 50% or more, while other comparative insulation types are usually curbed at around 30%.
- Guaranteed Air-Tight Seal: Trust us, one of the biggest reasons for high energy bills among homeowners and businesses in Greenville are the air leaks that pass through holes and cracks in your attic or crawl space. The great thing about spray foam is that it creates a powerful airtight seal that is, on average, shown to be 24 times less permeable to air infiltration than other types of insulation.
- Reduces Noise: Because of the airtight seal, spray foam insulation also reduces the amount of noise that comes into your home. So if you live on a busy road, or if there’s a lot of wind smashing the side of your home, spray foam could be right for you.
- A Barrier to Moisture: If your Greenville home or commercial property contains too many cracks then it is more than just air that can get in. Water and moisture can gain access to these areas if these cracks are not sealed properly and if this happens the you have a serious problem on your hands. One of the best things about spray foam is that it is impermeable to water and can protect your attic or crawl space from airborne moisture and leaks.
- Deters Mold: The inert polymer that is contained in the spray foam insulation that we at Smith Insulation offer means that it is not only a superb resistant to water, it also guarantees that there is no source of food for mold or bacteria. This means that homes insulated this way are better protected against mold and mildew.
- Adds Structural Integrity: One surprising feature of spray foam insulation is that, because it’s so hard and fills spaces so efficiently, it actually adds to the overall strength of a building. This increased stability is especially useful in barns or attics which can be exposed to more wind.
Go Green With Spray Foam
Okay, so spray foam is not usually green. However, it is considered to be so efficient that it is the number one choice for people looking for an environmentally friendly approach to living. It is estimated that nearly 40% of energy loss (and therefore your carbon footprint and pay check) is caused by air infiltration. It’s easier for air to pass through older types of insulation—whether because it sinks, becomes compressed over time, or there are gaps.
Along with these energy savings and increased independence from energy companies, you’ll notice the savings on air conditioning and heating costs within the year. It’s estimated that you’ll make a complete return on your spray foam investment two to four years after getting it done by a certified professional like Smith Insulation.
Not only that, but you can save money in tax rebates. There is a tax credit that applies to buildings in Texas that use spray foam in the building envelope. The building envelope is the gap along the perimeter of a building, between the inner living space and the exterior. Keeping the building envelope properly insulated protects you and your loved ones from the elements. This saves you money and saves the environment at the same time!
Important Remodeling Information
If you are planning a renovation, then now is a good time to consider the reliability of your infrastructure’s insulating materials. A lot of the time older structures are unable to provide an efficient level of mildew and draft protection because the materials used are not as dependable as they are today.
Products that were used in the past may not be up to civic building codes and regulations. An inspection is often the quickest and best way to find out whether the insulation on your property has exceeded the expiration date. Detection is key when it comes to remodelling, you want to make sure your home or workplace is in the best condition possible.
Definitely Not DIY
Whereas other types of residential insulation can be installed by amateurs, spray foam is not a good idea. Firstly, it’s extremely messy. The foam comes out very quickly and can get everywhere. Cleanup is a challenge.
Secondly, spray foam has also shown to have toxic chemicals that are released during the spraying process. Improper installation procedures can cause some serious symptoms such as: wheezing, irritation of the eyes, stuffy nose, sore throat, fever, coughing, headaches and joint paint. To avoid these dangers, it is important to call a professional to do the job right.
Smith Insulation has been working with spray foam for years. Our knowledgeable team of insulation experts will insulate your home while protecting you from any negative health effects. Don’t risk it, call the experts!
Exceptional Client Care
In Greenville, Smith Insulation is the leading spray insulation contractor. Our expert staff take every precaution necessary to keep you and your loved ones safe from exposure during installation. All our jobs begin with a consultation in which we’ll take a close look at the architecture of your home or business. This guarantees that at the beginning of the job you already know exactly what you’re paying for.
Did you know that when it comes to the application of spray foam insulation, ventilation measures, respiration equipment and specialized safety gear are just a few of the necessary steps involved? Don’t cut corners or take unnecessary health and safety risks by taking on such a big project yourself! Hire us as your Greenville professionals, we offer free estimates and competitive rates.
Cost Per Square Foot
Our spray foam insulation calculators are calibrated with your savings in mind. We believe in making comfort accessible to all and our commitment to low prices is reflected in the cost per square foot we offer. Give us a call or send an e-mail to find out more about our rates.
Smith Insulation Are Greenville’s Spray Foam Pros
When you need reliable, professional installers with exceptional project management and product application skills, give Smith Insulation a call. We are your Greenville spray foam insulation company. Book an appointment, or request a detailed outline based on your unique project today. We look forward to working with you.